Yoga in BKK
If you’re looking for a private group or one-on-one yoga in BKK then look no further than contacting Kru Janie Yoga! I offer custom personalized private yoga services and lessons to meet the needs of my clients’ physical and personal goals. I have dedicated my life to learning, living, and teaching yoga so that others can live a happier and more fulfilling life. Please contact me for any questions as a beginner or to book me for private one-on-one or group lessons at your convenience.
“The nature of yoga is to shine the light of awareness into the darkest corners of the body.” — Jason Crandell
Yoga in BKK with Kru Janie Yoga
I offer both either Thai or English yoga lessons in BKK and the surrounding area. I understand how difficult it can be to work all day and then get home, just to have to leave again to go do some yoga class far away. Instead of dealing with the terrible traffic, you can schedule a lesson with me! I’ll arrange a time and place that’s convenient for both of us or even have your lesson at home.
For example, if you live in a condo then these communities usually have a fitness room, making our training both private and safe. I pride myself on offering specialized care and constantly practice patience and observe my mind and my students. I am a very hands-on teacher and love creating lessons catered to my students’ individual needs whether you are a beginner or intermediate, my years of experience and countless hours of training are at your service.
About Kru Janie
Sawasdee-ka my name is Janie and I am a yoga teacher in Bangkok, Thailand offering private one-on-one or group yoga lessons. I am a yogini, teacher, and student for life. I would love to help you become happier, healthier, and more flexible but also to learn about the other benefits of Yoga. I have been teaching yoga for many years, I have over 800 hours and certifications from Rishikesh India.
I love Yoga and want to share it with others. I think it helps you have a healthy mind, body, and spirit. Yoga also emphasizes the importance of regular meditation for a healthy mind and spirit. Together, we can explore some of the deeper dimensions of your body and learn how to harness the many benefits this incredible practice and lifestyle has to offer.
“Change only happens in the present moment. The past is already done. The future is just energy and intention.” ― Kino MacGregor
Basic Yoga Plan
Here is an example of what one of my 1-hour basic vinyasa yoga sequences might look like:
- Grounding (5-10 minutes)
- Warm-Up/Integration (10-15 minutes)
- Sun/Moon Salutations (15 minutes)
- Standing/Balancing Postures (20 minutes)
- Seated/Supine Postures (10-15 minutes)
- Savasana (10+ minutes)
What Are These Yoga Terms?
If you’re brand new to yoga then you may be wondering what some of these terms mean and I would be more than happy to teach you!
: Some people call this a yoga class opening sequence and this is where we drop into the practice and start class.
Typical Grounding Postures:
- Child’s Pose (Extended, Traditional)
- Seated Pose (Sukasana, Hero’s Pose)
- Supine Pose (Savasana, Reclined Bound Angle)
It’s important to physically warm up our body for more vigorous postures to come after getting grounded on our mats.
Typical integration postures:
- Cat/Cow Variations
- Gentle Core Work (Swimmers, modified side plank)
- Seated Lateral Bends
- Seated Gentle Twists
- Thread the Needle
Introduce sun or moon salutations and link each movement. These are the most common ways to start a yoga practice because they are heating and stimulating. This posture combines both stretches and strengthening all major muscle groups.
Typical Sun/Moon Salutation Postures:
- Mountain Pose (Tadasana)
- Forward Fold
- Vinyasa (if you’re leading a vinyasa flow sequence)
Standing & Balancing Postures
Once we complete salutations, we can move to our feet and begin moving in a more active way.
Typical Standing/Balancing Postures:
- Warrior 1, 2, 3
- Crescent Lunge
- Wide-Legged Forward Fold
- Tree Pose
- Eagle Pose
Seated Yoga Sequence
This is when we usually slow backdown and spend more time in each seated posture calming us down for the final Savasana.
Typical Seated Postures:
- Seated Spinal Twist
- ½ Pigeon Pose
- Seated Forward Fold
- Bridge/Wheel Pose
- Supine Twists
- Happy Baby
- Supta Badha Konasana/Reclined Bound Angle Pose
This is the final sequence and is best spent quietly cooling down or even meditating.
Private Yoga in Bangkok
A private lesson may be for you if you are looking to receive one on one attention in a private space, are looking to build confidence to practice in group settings, are learning to modify while healing an injury, or wanting to deepen your personal meditation and internal practice.
Private yoga lessons are the perfect way to individualize and customize your yoga practice and make it ideal for your body and mind. They are great for working through an injury, learning proper structure and how to prevent injuries, achieving advanced poses, or simply creating a yoga routine that will perfectly match your capacity and your goals. They are also great for beginners who would like to learn the basics and feel more confident in attending group classes.
Private lessons can be set up as a one time class or on an on-going basis. These one-on-one sessions are an excellent way for students of all levels to fine-tune their yoga practice.
Group Yoga in Bangkok
I also offer Private group yoga classes that are designed to fit the needs of the group attending. These classes are 60 minutes unless you request longer or shorter durations and can be held in an environment of your choice. Private group yoga classes are ideal for friends, workgroups, bachelorette parties, teen groups, kids yoga, family fun, and more.
Why Do I Need A Private Instructor?
Are you interested in starting a consistent practice, but not sure where to start? Maybe you’re self-conscious about your lack of experience or level of physical fitness? or perhaps you’re like many people in Bangkok who just don’t have the time to go to a yoga studio after a busy day at work and would prefer a private personal lesson at home or somewhere more convenient.
No matter what your reasons are, there are countless benefits to having your own personal instructor. Unlike basic classes, private lessons are a one on one experience with an instructor. In private lessons, I like to help bring about improvements to one’s mental and physical health so you can achieve personal yoga or fitness goals.
Yoga in BKK with Krujanie
With all the things life can throw at us I’ve always found yoga to be the one place I can find a sense of calm. As you face tough realities or anything else we all deal with on any given day, it’s an excellent way to help you regain focus and your mind. Taking time to keep in touch with your body and mind is valuable especially when faced with any uncertainty. These reasons along with the many physical benefits are why I feel so passionately about sharing my yoga knowledge and experience with others.
I have dedicated my life to learning, living, and teaching yoga so that others can live a happier and more fulfilling life. Please contact me for any questions as a beginner or to book me for private one-on-one or group lessons at your convenience.
Please contact me for any questions as a beginner or to book me for private one-on-one or group lessons at your convenience.
Here are some basic yoga poses for beginners:
- Child’s Pose This calming pose is a good default pause position. You can use child’s pose to rest and refocus before continuing to your next pose. It gently stretches your lower back, hips, thighs, knees and ankles and relaxes your spine, shoulders and neck.
- Downward-Facing Dog Downward-facing dog strengthens the arms, shoulders and back while stretching the hamstrings, calves and arches of your feet. It can also help relieve back pain.
- Plank Pose A commonly seen exercise, plank helps build strength in the core, shoulders, arms and legs.
- Four-Limbed Staff Pose This push-up variation follows plank pose in a common yoga sequence known as the sun salutation. It is a good pose to learn if you want to eventually work on more advanced poses, such as arm balances or inversions.
- Cobra Pose This back-bending pose can help strengthen the back muscles, increase spinal flexibility and stretches the chest, shoulders and abdomen.
“Yoga is a light, which once lit will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter your flame.” — B.K.S. Iyengar
ครูสอนโยคะแบบส่วนตัว Kru Janie
Kru Janie Certifications and Classes.
- 200 hours Teacher Training Bangkok Yogas School. from Bangkok Thailand.
- 200 hours Teacher Training Course. (RYS) from Ananda Yoga Shala. Swargashram, Rishikesh, India.
- 40 hours International Hatha Yoga(Advance) Teacher Training (YAA) from Kriyoga Bangkok, TH.
- 30 hours Advanced Training from Satit Yoga Studio Bangkok, TH.
- Certificate of Practice for 6 days from Yoga Vidya Gurukul. Nashik, Maharashtra, India.
- (First Aid – CPR and AED Training Course) from Fit Bangkok, Thailand.
- 300 hours Yoga Teacher Training Course at Rishikul Yogshala. (YTTC) Rishikesh, India
Contact Kru Janie for more information or to book a private lesson: 0855381432
Other Related Posts
Table of Contents